Layered Top

This top is from Silhouette Pattern 113. I used 4 different jersey knits from Marcy Tilton.  The white spot tape on the black part is FOE – fold over elastic, stitched on with my Janome coverstitch machine. This was fun in the making, definitely a winter top, it is quite heavy.

photo

Shortened from the pattern length

IMGP3218

Some trim from my stash

photo 4

Side View

photo 3

Side View2

photo 1

IMGP3214

Using the Coverstitch again, this time in contrast thread

Image-1

Advertisements

Gearing up for some serious SEWING!

Long time no post. That is because I’ve been doing the office job and finally finish up in 2 weeks! thats when the real fun starts, the designing, maybe even a bit of steam punk,  with full time creative angles.

Actually most of my creations are posted on burdastyle.com as there is a huge group of sewists and creative designers all linked there.

The stash is outa hand SERIOUSLY now.  How does anyone manage to duplicate such a stash in 2 countries? It occurred to me this doubles when I return to Australia in 6 months.  Back home in Australia accumulation over 20 years, and here in Brunei over the last 2 years!  Where am I going to put all this?  I plan to run art side  (opposite to ‘dark side’) sewing classes with some of my stash, canvas art with some unusual combos to boot..

Brunei is a lot tidier than my Australian creation-space, so lets hope I have learnt to stay tidy when I return.

Brunei sewing room2

the hidden stash

I’m also learning fashion in CS6 photoshop.  It is totally new to me, but fabulous to create the design and apply the fabrics, and this one is still not complete!

cs6 fashion application

Having fun as usual in that ‘space’.

The Three Maxis!

Comfortable for Western Australian summer, these rayon jersey knit/Ity maxi dresses will be easy to wear.  I made these three for my step daughter, who’s birthday is actually on 25th December!

The Three maxi

fabrics from Gorgeous Fabrics, and Marcy Tilton

The floral one is an Ity.  great to sew.  The other two streeeeeeetchy rayon jersey knits had a huge stretch running vertical also, so I needed to make the dresses, then hang them on the mannequin. The next day the length had dropped about 6cm.  Cut off to desired length and then hemmed.  I used two different bias edging methods, all worked very well with these fabrics.