I drafted a new tunic and started making it right away. Too impatient for a mock-up, I feel along the way to keep it flowing and it all matched up very well. Five different fabrics in total but equally as balanced right through. Black fabric is Marcy’s Black Parisian Microfiber Knit, with black eyelet pleather edging.
The pocket was machine stitched from the inside. I used lingerie FOE (fold over elastic) for the top edge.
I finished the neck edge with the same fabric as one of the sleeves – completing in a fiddly ‘twisted band’ effect. First time i’ve managed to do this in a WIDE band.
I’m going to cut a length from the stripe for a scarf. Will wear this with black boots back in Perth – winter of course!